Google the title of my book “Christian Mythology” and you get these top ten hits:
2. Christian Mythology & History “The Christian myth is still very much alive in the world. The chapters on this website will detail the basics of the Christian religion and explore its ...”
3. The Pagan Origins of Christian Mythology “The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years.”
4. POCM Pagan Origins of the Christ Myth
5. Christian Mythology “A myth is a story with 'deep explanatory or symbolic significance', and Christian myth is therefore a story that explains or symbolises Christian beliefs.”
6. Christian Mythology: Adam and Eve
7. Christian Mythology – God, Jesus, John, Jewish, World, and Religion “As it evolved, Christian mythology was able indirectly to incorporate various aspects of Middle Eastern and Greek mythology…”
8. Apostle Ministry “Apostle Edward provides God's case against the organized Christian Church and its orthodox doctrines, which teach against God's Holy Word.
9. God is for Suckers “Blog Archive”
10. Amazon.com: The Christian Mythology Unveiled in a Series of Lectures
The transaction took 0.18 seconds and returned approximately 362,000 results. I stopped looking after page 20 realizing that every entry except #8 above was negative. In other words, most writers using the term “Christian Mythology” take the position that our beliefs/religion are a hoax. While I am not familiar with the Apostle Edward’s ministry, I read the introduction to his work and know that he was on the same path as me.
We Christians are our own worst enemy. We created our own myths. We created them and perpetuated them. While millions claim to believe them, many of them are false. They are myths. The world laughs at them. The church fights back against flesh and blood. But a few daring souls in the Body willingly question the validity of these beliefs. We openly challenge them. We boldly call them false lies when exposed as such.
Some in the organized church do not want to believe these myths exist. If they do exist, certainly they exist in somebody else’s denomination but not mine. God has a lot to say to these fools.
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of . And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you….” II Peter 2:1-3a
Jesus warns us in Matthew 7:15, Matthew 24:11, Matthew 24:24, and Mark 13:22 that false prophets and false Christs shall arise and deceive many.
Jesus spoke seven parables in Matthew 13 describing the kingdom of heaven which we know as the church age today. It is filled with tares (sinners and unbelievers), leaven (sin), wicked, and demonic people (fowls in the mustard tree). Just as the church organization of religion is responsible for creating its myths, so the Church Body is responsible for adhering to the Truth, Jesus Christ.
Quite frankly I have no interest in changing or initiating a worldview for Jesus. My purpose is not to eradicate the myths of organized religion or dispel the false teachings of the churches. The sole purpose that God is after is to wake up His saints to be who He created and saved them to be. The paramount purpose is for us to worship God our creator and savior.
That is where the greatest mythological worldview exists – worship. More on that in the final chapter tomorrow.