Friday, May 14, 2010

Divine Appointments

This morning in obedience to Romans 11:36-12:2, I asked God for his good, acceptable, and perfect will. He didn't tell me right away. He revealed it later in the afternoon in a series of "divine" appointments. On the surface, these were appointments I made with agents and publishers. My objective was to pitch my manuscript, "Christian Mythology". If you've been following this blog or Facebook the past few days then you know that already two agents want full proposals as soon as possible. This is very encouraging.

But God turned things 180 degres this afternoon. The first publisher wanted me to change the title and remove most if not all of the direct Scripture quotes from the manuscript. He asked me to set up an impromptu appointment with another publisher who would be able to better explain why.

I recognized God's will immediately in the present happenings. A few weeks ago I blogged about my greatest fear in writing - editing. God prepared me and now here I am tasked with an editorial overhaul of my manuscript.

"God, is this what you want? My words instead of Yours?" I prayed. "Yes. Use your words and I will inspire them to lead readers to come to My Word." God's Word is the only quick and powerful two-edged sword that leads men to Himself. But He can use my words from Him to lead people to His Word to bring about salvation, repentance, or a renewal of right spirit within.

So saints, pray for me as I embark on this delightful task. Pray that I shall be bold with my words, sharing narrative personal examples that will lead people to Jesus, the Word of God.

No comments: