Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anointed Among the Saints

The closing events of the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference approached and still I did not know what God wanted of me this day. I thought things were pretty well wrapped up with what He wants me to do with the manuscripts. But surely I was still here for the final day and events for a purpose.

Many of you know how I have been praying for years for God to show me the remnant, the saints of His Body. He has called me to minister to this group according to Ephesians 5:25-27 and I Corinthians 15:34. Until today, He has brought them to me one or two at a time. This afternoon He answered in a way overwhelming.

Sue Cameron, one of the faculty, danced before the Lord to the song "How Beautiful is the Body of Christ". This was her sacrifice in which God was well pleased. The response of the believers in the audience brought them all to the floor with Sue. We joined hands and hearts and there I recognized that we were an answer to Jesus' prayer in John 17:21, "...that we may be one...." Indeed, we were one in the Spirit, joined by a common call to reach through our writing both the unbelievers as witnesses, and the believers as disciplers. There were perhaps fifty of us gathered in one accord. There we prayed. And then God did something even greater.

Marlene Bagnull, the conference organizer, has a one spirit with God and just as she naturally and fluidly speaks to the audience, so she interjects prayer to Father. She loves the Lord and has a clear passion and calling from Him. After the gathering, she invited folks to remain and if willing or desirous or called by God, they could come for an anointing.

This caught me completely by surprise that someone was willing to obey such a Biblical task. She and another prophetess poured a fragrant olive oil from a ram's horn upon my head, anointing me in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to the mission I was called. I have never seen this done before so of course I had never participated before that moment. But it was clearly God's final will for me this day.

Now this group of saints, in one accord, knows that I and the other anointed ones, have publicly vowed our calling and mission according to God's commission. We are anointed with the sweet frangrance of the oil and righteous prayers of the saints. And by the laying on of their hands, we have been sent.

Today I can think of no greater example of being the Church as God has called us. Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty. God bless His holy Name. Until He comes, so be it. Amen.

No comments: