Monday, January 12, 2009

Is there anybody out there?

My heart's cry to God is the prayer He put into my heart. The prayer that starts in heaven is the one that finds its way back there, with God's will done on earth as it is (already) in heaven. That's a great and powerful lesson to learn about prayer as you read God's teachings in Romans 11:36-12:2 and Matthew 6:9-10.

As I was praying this morning, not much time went by before God called me to worship. Such times with God are inexpressible for they belong to Him alone. As part of that time I thanked Him for the certainty of my calling and election. This is something we are responsible for according to II Peter 1:10. God gives the assurance.

My calling, as you see at the top of my blog, is to be used of God in waking up His remnant, to encourage them to be ready for our coming King. That means obedience to Ephesians 5:25-27. We are to be a pure, spotless, and holy Bride. My prayer is, "God, show me the remnant. Bring them to me or bring me to them." This blog is one way to reach you.

Is there anybody out there?

A few. Very few. So few in fact that the more I read and perceive the reality of Matthew 7:14, the more I am led to the conclusion that "few" is magnitudes smaller than most folks believe, particularly in this popular age of church growth (mega-churches, etc.).

Nevertheless, God is faithful to show me the few, usually no more than one at a time. They may be in person, on-line, in a article I read, through a radio/pod cast. I believe that God is waking up too. He is hearing His people cry out to Him again like in Isaiah 51:9, "Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?" When God finally does extend His arm, it will come forth first in judgment of His Church. Those few who did not wake up, but preferred the sleep of sin (I Corinthians 11:30) will suddenly be broken (Proverbs 6:15).

I pray that is not the case. But as I read today in I Samuel 15, that is the way of God. You will not lose your salvation but your rewards in heaven will be few and your shame at the throne will be heavy (I Corinthians 3:11-15).

So if you are out there, then do this quickly. Repent. Then make your calling and election sure and go do it. Then share with me and the readers here your rejoicing and good news.

And until you do so, stop going to church. Start being the Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sense a oneness in my spirit towards you brother. I too believe there are a few whom the Lord is waking up but as yet - there are very many still sleeping in the church pews today.