Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wordle

Wordle allows you to produce word clouds that you can customize. Here's mine up in the right-hand corner.

I've been busier than this over the past month. I decided to start posting snippets of my book on various blogs. The ones on Christianity.com are ripe for this because both the originators and responders in their forums just get so much of it wrong.

For instance, one of today's forums has to do with how many people are going to heaven. Surprisingly most people replied "a lot less than you think" along with quoting accurate supporting verses. So are the rest of Christendom deceived? Or do they just believe myths that provide them with answers that feel good, seem right, jive with what everybody else believes? Sadly, both answers are true.

Christian Mythology is coming to market to address the latter group. It's not my job to get folks into heaven. But I am called to proclaim the truth.

Have you made your calling and election sure?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It's not my job to get folks into heaven. But I am called to proclaim the truth." I so agree with this statement. We cannot convert anyone but by proclaiming the truth of God's Word, we can point them in the right direction. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." It is our job to speak the Word and the Holy Spirit's job to apply it to the hearts and minds of those who will listen.