Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's Next?

The purpose of this blog is to provide my out loud thoughts on Ephesians 5:25-27, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

I have two complete manuscripts on this subject and one in the works: Christian Mythology, The Remnant, and My Little Children. Last month I submitted the first to an agent. Yesterday I received the rejection. As I prayed about this situation a few things came to mind that I want to share with you.

First, Christians should recognize the imminency of the return of Jesus Christ. As such, we must be ready at all times. Jesus wondered aloud whether He would find faith on the earth when He returned. The purpose of my books and blog is to wonder in word whether He will find His Bride as " a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Second, God showed me that this rejection was something to rejoice in, be thankful for, and continue in prayer in full of the Spirit (according to I Thessalonians 5:16-19). Why do that in light of rejection? Because this work is one of faith, not sight. I know that God wants this message out. I also know His timing is perfect. I also know my understanding is frequently corrected by Him, particularly with regards to timing. I usually think "right now!" whereas God does not tell me when but allows me to learn.

Right now I am reading through Exodus. Moses had the same problem with time. He thought deliverance would be immediate. But God had some things to do first. He would show Himself God of gods and LORD of lords before Pharaoh. I wonder what kinds of things God has planned for this world just before Jesus comes and before my book is published.

Because I believe the time is at hand. God has given His final Word in the Bible to warn us of the wrath to come. I believe He wants to use my books as perhaps one last warning to the true Church, the Body and Bride of Christ, to get ready. That is the bottom line. Jesus commanded us to watch, pray, and be faithfully ready.

If you are ready and actively making your calling and election sure through the exercise of your spiritual gifts within the remnant Body, the praise the Lord. Give thanks. Keep praying. Keep discipling. And pray for me, that I may continue with boldness to write and speak the word with boldness as we all ought to. Finally, pray that I obtain an agent. I sent another query last night. The time is at hand.

No comments: