Sunday, April 6, 2008

More Work

Up until my latest job, I have never reported directly lower than the company President. So after many years I was very used to a certain work atmosphere, perks, and schedule. Then I went to my current job and started at the bottom of the totem pole. Although the promotions came fast, I'm still far from mahogany row. From a secular viewpoint, this has had its good points and bad points with me. What God is doing with me however, is teaching me to put that all away. For instance, I leave promotions to His timing.

This is what I have learned from Psalm 75:6-7, "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge : he putteth down one, and setteth up another."

My wife andI have also learned how to rely solely upon God for our daily bread. There was a time in my professional life when we went without a paycheck for nine months. But we never lacked for any good thing. And we never had more than was necessary. It was a tough time but a great time to praise God. We often think of it to remember how good God is. "...give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny thee and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." (Proverbs 30:8-9)

In all this God is preparing us for the great leap into the world of full-time writing. God is doing a perfect job leading me there. It is my calling. He is making a straight path. He will do the same for you. Do you trust Him?

No comments: