Monday, February 16, 2009

Free at Last

Sometimes the prophets are portrayed as the "doom and gloom" guys because all we talk about is sin and judgment. There really is an upside to all that. I want to share some encouragement with you.

God says in Luke 15:7&10, "that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth...(and) there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."

Meanwhile, back down here on earth....

"...ye shall be free indeed." - John 8:36 I cannot find words to describe this state that is far beyond a feeling and knowledge.

Likewise, to know and experience the answer to Jesus' prayer in John 17:21-24 is also indescribable. "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." We experience this most profoundly in prayer.

We can in fact enter into prayer boldly as God tells us in Hebrews 4:15, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

As we are there, we can fully expect to see God as Jesus told us in Matthew 5:8,"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

Furthermore, we shall enjoy many other untold spiritual blessings at the throne as God tells us in Ephesians 1:3, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" (I would love to hear your stories of how God has done this in your lives!)

We have also at times the supreme benefit of learning directly from God. Although we get no new revelation as Paul did for fourteen years in the Arabian desert alone with Jesus (Galatians 1:17-18; 2:1). We do in fact learn directly from the Holy Spirit as God tells us in I John 2:27, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

This is how we obtain the divine privilege to worship God in spirit and in truth as He commanded in John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

And finally, we have confidence in our preparation to meet Him one day in the clouds without even a moment's notice. We are ever ready. We have nothing to fear now or at the judgment for as He says in Ephesians 5:25-27, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

My dear readers, I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (III John 1:4) I would delight to hear of more things you know and experience in this light. Share the joy and encourage one another!

No comments: